Yes you can import assets into CASM.
There is a CSV format that you find an example on the Imports page.
Important information on Importing assets into CASM
Your import file needs to be aligned to the structure you have created. The following information needs to be adhered to for correct importing.
- Branch Name * – This must match the branch name under your company – The system can create a branch name for you.
- Department Name – This must match the department name under your company – branch. The system can create a department name for you.
- Category * – the category must exist in the CASM system before importing – check setup – categories.
- Name * – this is the common name that you will give the asset. (Asset Name)
- Location * – this is defined as the physical location of the asset (Example – 3rd Floor or Front Desk)
- Asset Tag/Barcode * – this is a unique field to the asset most commonly linked to a bar code on the physical asset.
- Manufacturer – The manufacturer of the asset.
- Model – Manufacturer’s model of the asset.
- Status * – This gives the asset an initial status in the system, you can use:
- In Use
- Not Found
- Purchase Date * – this is needed to define the purchase date of the asset.
- Purchase cost * – this is used to define the original cost of the asset – you can modify this after importing assets. Must be greater than 0
- Salvage Value * – the expected value of the asset at its end of life. Must be greater than 0
- Serial * – the serial number of the asset (this must be unique)
– Items marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
– Items not required, can be left empty/blank for importing